[geeks] new HAM on the net

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed Jun 8 20:46:46 CDT 2011

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 04:40:33PM -0500, Michael Parson wrote:
>
>> I took (and passed) the test for a General license this past weekend
>> and my callsign was posted to the FCC site today.
>>
>> Right now, my only radio rig is a Wouxun (sounds like 'ocean')
>> KG-UVD1P HT unit, does 40 & 70 cm bands, but all I've got right now
>> is the stock shorty antenna, so, I'm kinda limited to bouncing off
>> repeaters I can get some near line of sight to.

That's been bothering me since I wrote it, was sure why until I read it
again just now.  I guess didn't get enough sleep last night, I meant
70cm and 2m.

> Congrats.

Thanks!

> Hope to work you on HF one day.

Gonna have to save up for an HF set, even on ebay they run more than I
can spend right now.

I should be on echolink once I get my physical license in the mail and I
can verify with them.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org