[geeks] I'm getting old when....

Jonathan J. M. Katz jon at jonworld.com
Tue Jul 19 18:38:58 CDT 2011

Geeks,

I know compared to some folks here I'm a "spring chicken" but I had
some "old" moments.

Recently we were talking about the decommissioning of Sun servers
(lack of support in Solaris 11.) I was working at Sun and remembered
the 220r's and 420r's being launched, later the 280r's, 15K, etc, and
now I'm seeing them be decommissioned, including servers I deployed
hands-on. The list includes V210s, V240s and V440s, and stuff I don't
even remember. That made me feel old.

I'm working on a political campaign with someone and working to get a
website up and running. The designer guy noted I was kind of a geek, I
said "yes, I am, I even have two VAXes in my basement." ... he didn't
know what I meant. :(

--
-Jon
Jonathan Katz, Indianapolis, IN.