[geeks] Crackpot project, need some guidance

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Jul 15 15:58:44 CDT 2011

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 13:18:00 -0400 (EDT)
Steve Haavik <shaavik at soc.lib.md.us> wrote:

> PHP would give you an easy way to do the UI at least.
There is a Zuse Z22 Simulator witten in HTML, CSS, a litle bit of
optinal JavaScript and AJAX with PHP5 on the server side.
Beware, its all in German. (Of course German, its a Zuse. ;-) )
http://www.wpavel.de/zuse/simu/index.php

I had the pleasure to meet Mr. Pavel in person at the Vintage Computing
Festival Europa. He is a Z22 user of the first hour. He experienced the
developement of computing starting with the Z22 50 years ago up to the
most recent web technoligies.

And: Keep your fingers of C++ if all you know is PHP. If you really go
the C++ route, wett your feet with C first to get the basics. C++ is a
very powerfull tool, but very complex. It is hard to master this
complexity for a beginner. Without mastership, you will hurt yourself.
(I am a skilled C coder that started to explore C++ recently...)
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}