[geeks] web software to approximate an anonymous ftp site?

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Mon Feb 28 17:26:18 CST 2011

On 2/28/2011 6:18 PM, Doug McLaren wrote:

> Well, they want to replace this with a web based version that another
> office has used.  The package is called TRUfusion from a company
> called Trubiquit.  It's something like $300 + $59/year maintenance for
> a 20 user license (and I'm not even sure how users are counted.)

I would suggest the unlimited-license DirectAdmin (directadmin.com) at
$299 or so.  Has a nice file manager interface, you can set up FTP/SSH
users. etc.

DA is actually designed for web hosting, but you could segregate
different groups into subsites and allow users decently fine-grained
access (e.g. use subdomains to seperate groups.)

--Patrick