[geeks] SunOS SCSI tape drive help?

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Feb 7 07:40:29 CST 2011

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 08:15:16AM -0500, Tom Manos wrote:

>I've got the drive set to SCSI ID 2, and the machine sees the drive fine
>using probe-scsi, but I can't find a device that works. Nor after a bit of
>googling, can I find a reference that helps me figure this out.

0 is first disk, 1 is second, 2 is third, 3 is fourth. AFIAK all SPARC
SUNS swap 0 and 3, so that the first internal disk should be 3, and
the first external disk should be 0.

4, 5 and 6 used to be tapes, when CDROMS became available, 6 became
the CDROM.

Set the drive to 4 and all should be fine.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.