[geeks] Introductory programming language?

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Aug 31 21:00:16 CDT 2011

On 08/31/11 19:39, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:
> If it were up to me, I'd suggest Pascal, even given it's age.  It's an
> easy to learn and understand language, and there's nothing
> fundamentally wrong with the structure that it teaches.

The problems with Pascal are that it is syntactically unlike any other
language, while being similar enough to many to trip you up later, and
that it has not kept pace with changes in expectations from computers.
Even when new, it was a stilted, artificial language.

Perhaps the world needs a new Pascal.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.