[geeks] More E10k circling: SSP software

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Tue Aug 16 16:33:49 CDT 2011

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, Jonathan J. M. Katz wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:47 PM, JP Hindin <jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com> wrote:
> > The SSP for my E10k has memory issues ("Memory Address Not Aligned", which
> > I'm assuming means it's ticked at something in the RAM space), and while I
> > suspect I can get it fixed, and I also can image the disk for, at least,
> > the EEPROM images, I'm wondering how to find the SSP software to install
> > it on an alternate machine, if necessary.
>
> Is your SSP a Sparc 5 or Ultra 2? or ???? Regardless, finding
> replacement RAM shouldn't be that difficult. The system should have
> internal disks that are mirrored. In the 10Ks which were deployed

Ultra5. I pulled some RAM from a E4000 and I continue to get the Memory
Address not Aligned error. Unfortunately my version of OB (v3.31) doesn't
have test /memory.

Is tthe E4k memory not compat? Or is there something else wrong?

The disk in the U5 has been replaced, I believe, as it's an 82GB IDE disk.
I best dd it soon.

 - JP