[geeks] Mail Servers

Steve Haavik shaavik at soc.lib.md.us
Fri Aug 5 10:25:49 CDT 2011

Right. So what you'd want is something that lets you keep those
filesystems (or at least a few files) in sync. If it was just fail over
you could try rsync from one server to the backup. Everything else I can
come up with could be a bit of a pain over the internet. Isn't there a
mail suite (was it Courier?) that lets you use a database for the back
end? At least you could keep things in sync as mail comes in on both
servers at the same time. I'm not sure how well database replication would
work in your situation though. The hardest part I see is making it so the
users don't see the same message twice. "Why isn't everything where I put
it?"