[geeks] dead pixels :(

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Apr 23 07:49:17 CDT 2011

I got a Dell U2410 monitor to replace my dying NEC.

Very, very nice monitor and it was $100 off.

It arrives and naturally it has a dead pixel, dead center 3 inches from
the top.

Impossible to ignore :(

Anyone had any luck returning LCDs to vendors that don't want to take
them back?

With CompUSA I called my credit card company and they capitulated.

With Dell their tech support, at least who I got so far, barely spoke
English. So bad I basically had to hang up thus far.

This is such a nice display but the dead center position and the fact it
is dead makes it super annoying.