[geeks] PC-BIOS over serial

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Fri Sep 10 09:06:09 CDT 2010

On 09/10/10 09:54, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> I believe that PC Engine makes Alix boards with a serial only CLI BIOS
> replacement, and I think Soekris does something similar.  Both are
> probably lower power than an Atom though.

Speaking of Atoms ...  I'd like to swap out the kids' aging Windows
boxen and CRTs for low-power machines and LCDs when we have budget -
which I'm hoping will be soon.  Like, say, Atom hardware.

Anyone happen to know how well typical Atom machines do for
low-to-midrange (i.e, nowhere near the bleeding edge) gaming?  Assume
that the most demanding games any of the three are likely to be playing
are Civ4 or HALO.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.