[geeks] PC-BIOS over serial

Bill Green bill at supposedly.org
Thu Sep 9 23:38:51 CDT 2010

One of the best things about SPARC hardware is OpenFirmware.

Is there anything similar currently available in the commodity PC realm?
I'm thinking about building a headless Atom machine.  Obviously I can
install / run the OS over a serial console, but if possible I'd like to
be able to do initial setup that way too. It seems like EFI might be
able to do this?  Does anybody know if there are Atom boards with EFI
yet? Or are there other solutions I'm not aware of?

Thanks,
Bill