[geeks] Verizon's Int'l Call Blocking - doesn't

Jonathan J. M. Katz jon at jonworld.com
Fri Oct 29 15:49:55 CDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us>
wrote:
> if a calling card or a 1010 number was used, they should've been
> billed, not you.  if verizon never actually implemented the service
> you requested - and presumably paid for - they should be liable for
> the charge on a call which they shouldn't have let through.

If it was someone else's calling card...

You can pick up an existing landline, use a 1010 number, and get
billed the long distance rates for that 1010 number to your existing
landline. I don't know if that would get around a VZ block, though.

I also remember that with tradition land lines (well, the last time I
had one) you were always given a "complimentary" calling card who's
charges would be added to your landline bill. I wonder if someone
figured out Patrick's calling card #?