[geeks] [rescue] ohno.mrbill.net / sunhelp might be going away

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Oct 27 18:41:21 CDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 05:26:10PM -0400, Steve Sandau wrote:
> I am happy to put in $10 a month if that is a help overall. If there
> is an automatic way to do that with PayPal or something that would
> be great, but if it means a $120 contribution each year or $60 every
> six months, I am happy to do that too. Just send me an email
> reminder.

So far the colo fees through the end of the year are covered.  After
that, I'll decide what to do.  Keeps me from having to panic right now.

Worst-case scenario, I'll get the $75 Comcast Business plan with a 12/2
link and static IP, move the stuff to Solaris on x86 (I have a quad-core
box here with 8G RAM sitting idle), and "host" it in my middle bedroom.

Unfortunately the T1000 is a tad too loud to keep at home. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas