[geeks] FS - Canon Digital Rebel

Kurt Huhn artisan at k-huhn.com
Tue Nov 30 07:08:53 CST 2010

On Nov 29, 2010, at 8:34 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 06:50:22PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
>> What an excellent camera!  I use mine for everything, and it's
>> probably the best camera purchase I ever made.
>
> It's going to be my first SLR. 8-)

Don't be intimidated by all the settings and possible combinations.
Using an SLR is second nature once you get the hang of it - set ISO,
dial F-stop, set exposure, confirm with built in meter (or disregard
in some circumstances :) ), and hit the button.  It's super easy,
despite what a lot of folks think.

I used to take pretty decent photos with a point-n-shoot by overriding
all the built-in settings, but being able to set *everything* allows
me a lot more freedom to take *great* photos.

--
Kurt Huhn
Renaissance Man, Malcontent, Oversized Ostrogoth