[geeks] Oracle Solaris may not be "free as in beer" going forward

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Mar 31 20:42:19 CDT 2010

Geoff Reed wrote:
> I went to the Oracle-Sun welcome event in Seattle yesterday, it's worse than it
> looked like.

Shocking, unwise, but not unexpected I suppose.

Is Larry Ellison losing his mind, or was he hoping to slowly kill off
Solaris, by milking it the way that Computer Associates used to do?

I thought he wanted to kick MSFT - look at Sun Ray Server - license the
software client to run on a netbook running Linux, game over for
Terminal Server; etc.

--Patrick