[geeks] FS: Buffalo Linkstation NAS units (hackable)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Mar 29 11:05:57 CDT 2010

More getting-rid-of-stuff-I-dont-use:

I've got a pair of Buffalo Linkstation NAS units.  Both are the
HD-H160LAN model with 160G PATA hard drives, but one is PowerPC-based while
the other is MIPSel-based.  They have 10/100 Ethernet interfaces and USB2.0
ports to add external USB disk storage, printers, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_network-attached_storage_series#LinkStation

PowerPC model (LS1):
--------------------
http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Category:LS1
http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/PowerPC_LinkStation_overview

MIPSel model (LS2):
-------------------
http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Category:LS2
http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Information/MIPSelOverview

Both are highly hackable and can be turned into a "normal" Debian system if
you don't like the existing firmware.  I've got the replacement OpenLink
firmware installed on both units, to enable telnet/SSH access:

http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/OpenLink

I'd like to get $125 (shipped) for both units together.  Email if
interested..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford