[geeks] Problems with WD RE3 SATA disks on SPARC/S10?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Mar 19 12:04:51 CDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 09:27:01AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Anybody else had problems using WD RE3 SATA disks on SPARC?
> See here for details:
> http://www.sunhelp.org/2010/03/18/anyone-else-having-problems-with-solaris-10-
> and-wd-sata-drives/
> I'd hoped to have the new SunHELP machine up this weekend, but since I
> can't afford another 1T drive right now that's put off until the disk
> issues are resolved.

I'd like to publicly thank Hichael Morton for purchasing a Hitachi Deskstar
1TB SATA drive and having it overnighted to me, so I can get the server
upgrade done while doing some testing and debugging (and if necessary,
warranty replacement) on the WD RE3 hard disk.

You folks are awesome.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford