[geeks] iPad - NOT a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Mar 15 09:24:41 CDT 2010

On 3/15/2010 9:39 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Honestly, my experience thus far is that "high fidelity earbud" is an
> oxymoron.

There are some decent ones out there.  I have a pair from Ultimate Ears
that I like.  Almost everything less than $100 is just the same $3
components dressed up in different plastic, but if you're willing to
spend some money on it, you can get good earbuds.  That said, regular
headphones provide a much more enjoyable listening experience for me,
but I'm not willing to carry a pair of cans around with me everywhere I
go, so Ultimate Ears are a good compromise for me between portability
and sound quality.  There are several other brands of good earbuds too,
Ultimate Ears is just my example.

     -Dan