[geeks] iPad - NOT a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 09:41:10 CDT 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Feb 5, 2010, at 12:35 PM, velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Or maybe ask around w/her neighbors and set up a AP repeater to
>> piggy-back off of someone else's WiFi?
>>

> A good option, but just today she showed me a brochure for 'broadband
> internet' for $20/mo - the speed is 1 Mb/sec, which is plenty fast for her
> needs...
>
> Lionel

Here is an update on the iPad discussion that is pertinent to my
near-deafness situation.  I deem the information important in light of
another thread on monaural earbuds.

It is also important to your colleagues, friends, and family who are hearing
impaired.

Apple appears to have a more inclusive approach in their marketing and
sales.  For instance, i can arrange for a One-to-One session with a signing
trainer or a sales appointment with a signing sales rep.  They also include
sales reps who are older and, some are "over the hill".

I found this information about the iPad on Apple.com this morning as I was
looking at it.

Mono Audio

If your hearing is limited in one ear, tap a checkbox to route both right-
and left-channel audio into both headphones, so you can hear both channels
in either ear.

While I was planning to purchase an iPad for traveling and gifting, I did
not expect to use it for my iTunes music collection.  This newly-mentioned
feature may cause me to purchase a 32GB or 64GB model because of that
feature.