[geeks] Is this really the way to set up system accounting on Solaris 10?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Mar 5 10:35:08 CST 2010

" From: Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net>
"
" Background:  all I want is to collect the info for use by "sar", so that
" I can look over the last 24 hours or more of data.

i also found that - at least on s8 - sar only keeps the last week or
so, instead of a full month.

does s10 still have 'sag' [sar grapher]?  [does it still have
toolwait?]  if so, you might want my little 'xsag':
[btw it's the only use i've ever seen for xterm tek mode]

#!/usr/bin/ksh -p
# xsag - graph sar data on screen
# 20041001 adh at an.bradford.ma.us

[ -n "$1" ] &&
{
	typeset -Z2 DAY=$(($(date +%d) - $1))
	(( DAY < 1 )) &&
	{
		for LASTDAY in 31 30 29 28
		do
			[ -f /var/adm/sa/sa$LASTDAY ] &&
			{
				#DAY=$((LASTDAY+DAY))
				DAY=$LASTDAY
				break
			}
		done
	}
	SAGFILE="-f /var/adm/sa/sa${DAY}"
}

cd /tmp

at now <<-EOF-
toolwait xterm -t -n "SAG day $DAY" -T "System Activity Graph ${DAY:+- day $DAY }" -e sh -c "sag -T tek -s 00:00 -e 24:00 $SAGFILE; PS1=''; export PS1; biff n 2>`tty`; exec nice -19 sh -n"
EOF