[geeks] more on dune

rjtoegel at verizon.net rjtoegel at verizon.net
Mon Jun 14 19:43:24 CDT 2010

   I just thought it was funny for a planet that produces such an
   important commodity that
   not much was known about how it was created, especially with their
   level of technology.
   I know there was more to the planet's ecology, I just thought the spice
   thing was a little
   too easy to remain unknown.  Some of the book jackets mentioned the
   author being
   knowledgable in that area IIRC.  Maybe I'm reading too much into it but
   I found that a bit
   lacking but I guess that would kill most of the mystery behind Arrakis.
   :-)
   Bob