[geeks] 1080p TV broadcasts?

Steve Haavik shaavik at soc.lib.md.us
Mon Jun 14 07:19:57 CDT 2010

> Are there any 1080P TV broadcasts?

I haven't checked in quite a while, but I think everything I get from my
cable company is in 720p or 1080i. My Tivo and PS3 up-convert to 1080p so
I haven't really paid attention.

I know Torchwood was in HD. I'd bet that at least the more recent Doctor
Who episodes are too.

It looks like most of Discovery's stuff is in 1080i.
http://dhd.discovery.com/simulcast/simulcast.html
Check for Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs.

I know the Travel Channel has stuff in HD too, just not sure what. No
Reservations?

I'm pretty sure most of the new stuff on SyFy (what a stupid name change)
is in HD. Stargate Universe, Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Sanctuary.

Actually, I can't think of any current shows that wouldn't be in HD now.
Well, OK. Just about everything on Cartoon Network isn't going to be in
HD. Robot Chicken in HD??? I don't think so. I just don't know that anyone
is actually broadcasting in 1080p yet.