[geeks] 1080p TV broadcasts?

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Sun Jun 13 08:25:08 CDT 2010

Are there any 1080P TV broadcasts?

I recently purchased a device that plays 1080P videos and now am dowloading
programs I used to download in 360P (which was about the maxium the
system I was using could decode reliably) in 720P.

However if they are being broadcast in 1080P I'd rather download them in
the higher resolultion to not have to download them again later.

I'm not talking about movies or BD rips, I'm asking about TV programs,
such as BBC, ITV, FOX, NBC, CBS, (I'd say ABC but I don't think I watch
anything on them).

I also understand that they would be fairly big, an "hour" 360P program
is around 360m, a 720P one is 1.2g, but I'm not sure what a 1080P one
would be. (1 hour minus commericals).

The device I bought is a Western Digital TV Live, which does not download,
I do that on other computers. There is a version which plays NetFlix streams,
but they don't stream here anyway.

Geoff.
I do multitasking. If that bothers you, file a complaint and I will start
ignoring it immediately.