[geeks] more on dune

rjtoegel at verizon.net rjtoegel at verizon.net
Fri Jun 11 18:49:51 CDT 2010

     >If you consider US reporting pro-Israel, I would hate to see what
     you consider
     anti-Israel
     Palestine having their own state maybe? But not by me, by others.
     >> I've also hear that
     >> Thomas might have been set up because one of the questions she
     asks of
     >>presidents is why many have been in favor of Palestine being a
     "state"
     >>but they haven't done anything to support that.
     >Her statement was very clear. Regardless of set up or not, the
     statement
     >stands by itself. There is no entrapment there.
     I said setup not entrapment.
     > The international
     > press have reported that autopsies on those killed have shown the
     > bullet paths were "downward" as if they were shot by someone at a
     > height.
     >There are many situations that can result in a downward shot.
     Nothing to see
     >here. Move along.
     People made claims that paintball guns were being used, or
     non-lethal weapons
     or that they did not fire as they descended the ropes.  This seems
     to indicate that
     that may not be the case.  So we should "move along" since this may
     conflict
     with some some preconceived ideas (or propaganda)?

     >> If true, that ain't paintball guns or "non-lethal" weapons.
     >Who ever claimed that the paintball guns were used to kill anyone?
     No one
     >denied that the Israeli soldiers carried sidearms with them. After
     being
     >attacked, I find it reasonable to switch from non-lethal to lethal
     force. That
     >is what one does when threatened.
     Do I have to name names?  It was stated in an earlier post by some
     one else
     who claimed that they were armed with paintball guns which I thought
     was rather
     ridiculous since no one I know would send in a "team" in a situation
     like that
     with nothing more effective.  Maybe World War III will be fought
     with bottle
     rockets next.  :-)  (Actually, not a bad idea....)
     >> It's funny how the story is now getting buried in the US press.
     >> Things are just looking too "fishy".
     >Buried? All I saw were reports emphasizing the deaths of the
     combatants.
     >Nothing was buried but the truth how that ship was different from
     the others
     >and how it was sent for exactly the purpose it achieved.
     Most stories die in the US press because of their news A.D.D. but
     this finished
     way too fast for such a newsworthy story.  Heck, a war could have
     started
     over this.  And the US media is not following every group involved
     with this with
     a magnifying glass?  Nah.  Something ain't right here.
     Bob