[geeks] Add a Logical printer?

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Jun 10 22:13:19 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 04:41:24PM -0700, Jon Gilbert wrote:
>So for a USB printer sub in usb1: for lpt1:

Don't know, you can try "net use help" or "net help use", whichever works.
I'm not at a windows computer at the moment. (I just woke up it's 6am).

>Also I am guessing that you substitute "server" with the machine's name?

Yes. I also call them machines too, but since I figured it's a print server
of some sort that made more sense.

>Also can you list current logical printers from cmd line? Thanks alot!

"net use"

Note that in some form the net command has worked since DOS (Lanmanager) days.

Geoff.

I do multitasking. If that bothers you, file a complaint and I will start
ignoring it immediately.