[geeks] more on dune

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Jun 9 16:15:18 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 10:24:23PM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
>Well even I know that lowering soldiers one by one into a possibly
>hostile situation is a Really Dumb tactic. I wonder who came up with
>_that_ idea.

It was based on an assurance from someone high up in the Turkish government
along with assurances from the people organzing the flotila that they
were peaceful and unarmed.

Some "reliable" sources claim that Erdogan himself made those assurances.

Geoff.
I do multitasking. If that bothers you, file a complaint and I will start
ignoring it immediately.