[geeks] KVM switch remains on after being unpluged

John Francini francini at mac.com
Wed Jun 9 14:57:31 CDT 2010

I see this all the time with the Belkin 16-port KVMs we use at $WORK.
We have to unplug all the USB connections in order to get them to
power down completely.  They're also annoying in that they don't come
with universal power supplies -- just cheapo 120V->12V units. All our
racks run on 208V, so we keep a set of 100-240v->12V bricks on hand
that are better made, have better specs, and have a C13 socket.