[geeks] iPad - NOT a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 23:00:08 CST 2010

On 1/30/10 9:31 AM, Jon Gilbert wrote:
> All I can say is that the iPad is going to end up in a lot of college dorm
> rooms. Ultimate college tool... think about it.
>
> The other thing it will be huge for is musicians. I think business people
> will use them for on-the-spot sales presentations.
>
> It's a nice little computing device. It's not for everyone though. I'll
> probably wait for the 3rd or 5th generation one, like I did with iPod and
> iPhone.

As an amateur historian who likes to visit sites and take pictures of
them, I think it'll be a wonder for me. Being able to have access to my
.pdf'ed history books and articles while out in the field would be huge.
The only thing that would make it better for my projected use would be a
built in GPS and USB port to download photos too.

--
Rick Hamell

Linkedin Profile - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/6/946/27
Technology Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog
Pacific Northwest Photo Blog - http://www.1nova.com/photoblog
http://RickHamell.com
http://Hamell.Net

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of hamellr.vcf]