[geeks] Solaris 10 x86 recovery?

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sat Jan 30 14:30:15 CST 2010

On 01/30/10 15:12, Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 13:24:17 -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> shell from the install CDs, but zfs/zpool list says no zfs
>> datasets/pools available. The disks all seem to be present.  Am I
>> missing something?  Is there a way I can recover my ZFS pool data
>> from the single-user shell?  Should I be able to fsck and mount a
>> partition on the boot disks just as though it was not mirrored?
>
> What does 'zfs import' say ? It's possible that you may have to import
> a pool before using anything on it.

'zfs import' or 'zfs import rpool' gives me a long usage message that
scrolls offscreen before I can read it, and being at the console I have
no way to backscroll it.  Redirecting output to a file doesn't work.
'zfs import -h' gives me a short usage message that's not very
informative, but suggested the usage 'zfs import-a'.  that didn't import
anything, and got me the long usage message again.

The Belenix suggestion looks worth trying.  I'm going to give it a shot
and see if it works.  I'm frustrated that I can't seem to get any closer
to figuring out why the boot filesystems won't mount.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.