[geeks] Dell PSU punt

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Jan 25 09:25:53 CST 2010

On 01/25/10 10:12, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com>
> " I may be able to source a genuine Dell PSU for reasonable money - is
> " it worth getting that and waiting?
>
> i vaguely recall hearing that dell deliberately swapped pins to keep
> their customers prisoner to their parts supply - but that someone
> makes a crossover cable to a std atx ps socket.

At some point they stopped doing that, but I don't know when.  I have a
full-tower case I salvaged recently that looked from the outside to be a
perfectly good case, but appears on the inside as though it will ONLY
accept a Dell motherboard.  And I still haven't managed to obtain a
pinout for the chassis connector on the Dell tape-library drive housing
I have, which I'm still hoping to convert into an external case for my
LTO-2 drive.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.