[geeks] Maildir with postfix

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 11:32:58 CST 2010

I have set up and got working postfix and Dovecot for internal-only
mail work. I want to use Maildir because the message workload will
exceed the capacity of mbox mailboxes (65535 messages iirc). I know
what you are about to say about managing e-mail but the situation is
what it is.

Anyhoo, dovecot is latching onto my user ~/Maildir folders just fine,
but postfix is not delivering mail there. I added 'home_mailbox =
Maildir/' in /etc/postfix/main.cnf which is all that postfix is
supposed to require. Am I missing something? I'm fairly new to mail
serving, so I may have missed something. Ubuntu Docs are great but a
bit basic.

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog