[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Wed Jan 20 00:58:41 CST 2010

> i'd like to see a voucher system, where say 80% of the public-school
> cost to educate -your- child is returned to you to spend on education
> as you please.  the school system ought to know what resources,
> special and ordinary, your child needs from the school in the course
> of the year, and if they do they certainly know how much it costs, so
> they can figure it into next year's budget request...
>
> the problem is they'll find all sorts of excuses and rationalizations
> to gerrymander the cost figure so that what they give back isn't based
> on the real cost.  we -are- dealing with a politicized bureaucracy
> here.

Who says vouchers aren't politicized?  And they will become a bureaucracy
too.  The new Commissioner of Education in NJ was mayor of Jersey City and
he used city workers, paid by the tax payers of Jersey City to write
voucher applications for people in other districts.  If the voters only
knew....

Bob