[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jan 19 21:05:46 CST 2010

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> Or how about let people keep the money they earn and spend it educating
>> their children as they see fit?  Money doesn't have to go through
>> nearly as many politically-connected hands that way.
>
> Doesn't provide for special needs children,

You don't know that.  All it doesn't do is demand that people provide for
special-needs children at whatever competition-free prices the existing
school system gets away with charging.

Either people are hard-hearted and do not see the value in helping the
disabled (in which case, their "representatives" are doing a poor job
representing them by demanding it), or they do see the value in helping
the disabled, and would do so without coercion when shown the need and
given the opportunity.  Given America's history of generosity, I'm
inclined to have faith in enough people doing the right thing when the
criminal gang of politicians stops threatening to steal the homes of the
people who don't "contribute".

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Science is what we understand well enough to explain
Elgin, TX         (   to a computer.  Art is everything else we do."