[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Jan 19 13:52:16 CST 2010

" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>
"
" On Jan 19, 2010, at 9:28 AM, Brian Dunbar <brian.dunbar at gmail.com>
" wrote:
"
" > I was a wary about this at first - the money spent per
" > student seems like a great deal when it's in the form of dozens of
" > cases of material,  a PC, a printer, etc.  But our virtual school
" > spends less per student than the local school system.
"
" Our district spends almost $14K/student, cyberschooling is cheaper,
" period.

years ago i read the stat that boston public school was more expensive
per pupil than any private sch in the metro area.  true, it's the last
resort for special-needs kids and they're expensive, but...  my
cousin, recently retired from boston, has planty of
pinheaded-bureaucracy financial mismanagement horror stories.