[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Tue Jan 19 09:41:55 CST 2010

On 01/19/10 09:20, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
>> Imagine if a church did it - all the children in the church enroll in
>> cyber school, put their PCs and materials in the church building, and
>> met each day for instruction without a lot of state regulations,
>> guidelines and mandates...
>
> There's always some regulations, guidelines and mandates that have to
> followed.  The state won't give that up. :-)

A lot of churches already do Sunday school.  I wouldn't want my kids at
a school run by a church though.  It's my opinion that beyond the basics
of reading, writing and arithmetic, religion and education have a bad
tendency to be incompatible, because religions have a nasty tendency to
redefine facts for consistency with their dogma.  And once they start
lying about some facts, they have to lie about other facts to cover up
the first set of lies, and so it goes....

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.