[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jan 19 06:57:25 CST 2010

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> Having grown up in the 1960's when people actually did things, such as
> protest, get out the vote, boycott products, etc, IMHO that's a bad
> thing.

Of the three, the only one that really gets anything done is boycotting.
Politicians don't respond to protesting, and the only thing voting does
for you is let you put in the other head of the same hydra.

> If the school system does not fit the needs of the community, it should
> be changed and or expanded to do so.

Won't happen so long as there's so much control over education on behalf
of the national government.

> I don't agree with that either, but I believe the first amendment
> protects such practices.

What First Amendment?  The one that's only valid inside "Free speech
zones"?

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Science is what we understand well enough to explain
Elgin, TX         (   to a computer.  Art is everything else we do."