[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 06:29:34 CST 2010

On Jan 18, 2010, at 8:02 PM, "Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> Of course, there are church's that run their own schools.  I don't
> have any reason to believe that a church run school is any more
> restricted in curriculum than what a cyberschool would offer.

Joshua,

My point was that a church could offer to oversee/augment the 'cyber-
schooling' of a number of parishoner's children without having to
comply with various star/federal laws or mandates... Sort of a low-doc
approach to creating their own school.

The benefits would include the state providing the curricullum &
required technology, the church providing supervision and group
activities as well as religious education at minimal costs.

I think this could florish in certain communities, esp where the
public school is not meeting the needs of the community...

Lionel