[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Jan 18 23:29:15 CST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:18:21AM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> I wasn't saying that i'd want that to replace the classroom entirely, i
> was just saying that I'd much rather use terminal services to access
> applications that i need to finish my schoolwork from home than to sit
> in a computer lab all evening.

And I predict that in 10 years all schools will be replaced with on-line
"tutorial" web sites, such as Students Of Fortune.

A friend of mine was teaching an on-line programing course recently
noticed that 4 of his 9 students were using them and 2 others were using
a competing one.

Geoff.

:-(
New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.