[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 19:05:16 CST 2010

On Jan 18, 2010, at 7:35 PM, "Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>>
>>> Wait 10-20 years.  It is being talked about at upper levels where
>>> there will
>>> be no school buildings, everybody learns online and students will
>>> show up at
>>> a sports complex once a week for "phys ed", most teachers will be
>>> gone except
>>> for a few "master" teachers who will write the software.  Luckily,
>>> I'll be
>>> dead by then. :-)
>>
>> PA has a cyber-school anyone in the state can enroll in. Were iin
>> PA I'd seriously consider it
>
> Actually there are several, perhaps even quite a few.  Quality
> sounds mixed, but then isn't that also the way it is for private and
> public schools?
>
> I probably wouldn't make use of it.  I'd either go for home-
> schooling or a private/public school, but not a cyberschool.

I think the interesting development would be if neighbors got
together, pooled resources, and created their own little 'private'
school, with each parent bringing something to the table, maybe a few
parents acting as 'school teachers', and the kids can pick and choose
from after-school activities.

Imagine if a church did it - all the children in the church enroll in
cyber school, put their PCs and materials in the church building, and
met each day for instruction without a lot of state regulations,
guidelines and mandates...

Hmmm.

Lionel