[geeks] Well, THAT was a setback

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Jan 18 16:05:17 CST 2010

On 01/18/10 16:21, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Time to retest tape backup...

The good news: six ... make that seven ... er ... eight concurrent full
backups running right now, and no sign so far of any network issues.  So
it looks as though it was indeed the 3C905 driver, not the TCP stack,
that fell over.

The bad news:  The LTO-2 drive is shoeshining.  I can't get enough data
over a 100Mbit connection to keep it streaming.  It's going to have to
go onto a machine that's connected to the main server via gigabit.  I
really need to go to a gigabit core switch...  and I probably need to
get gigabit interfaces into at least two more of the faster clients.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.