[geeks] Q: Regarding Linux in K-12 education

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Jan 18 13:33:21 CST 2010

" From: wa2egp at att.net
"
" []
" > Lionel
"
" Your district is not the only district who thinks that technology
" will improve education.  We are getting flooded with Smart Boards
" and demands that we write grants for technology items. And many
" of us have to buy paper for classroom use since there is "no money"
" for supplies.  But we can spend $7 mil for consultants.

this is politics as usual.  machiavelli was dead on.

imho every human organization tends to bureaucratize and politicize,
and the larger and older it is the stronger the forces.  few resist,
especially if they're 'untouchable' like public education.