[geeks] Q: Regarding Linux in K-12 education

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Jan 18 13:16:42 CST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 01:58:26PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> If he has 10 years to pay them off, that's over $1,300/month to pay off
> the principle (no interest)... Twenty years would be $700/month plus
> interest...

Are student loans interest free? I thought they were subsidized, as in
having low interest rates, the difference being made up by the state
and Federal governments.

> That's a lot Benjamins! (who was neither a president nor secretary of
> state, shame on you, you Philly ex-pat! ;^)

You're right. There was something about Franklin issuing the first passport
on one that I had at one time, but now I think it was as ambassador, not
secretary of state.

Geoff.
New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.