[geeks] Q: Regarding Linux in K-12 education

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 22:59:01 CST 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 11:11 PM, der Mouse <mouse at rodents-montreal.org>
wrote:
>> I also have serious doubts there are any really large (1,000+) Linux
>> desktop deployments outside the Linux software industry...
>
> I haven't checked it out personally, but I've been told the French
> police force went completely Linux.  Might be worth looking into.

I've heard of many large-scale deployments, especially outside the US,
but details on the management of those networks are rarely described.
If it isn't a K-12 install, the question becomes "how do they manage
it?"

I've not yet heard of any large-scale domestic K-12 public school
deployments (yet) - I'm about to check out the links provided
earlier...

Lionel

--
Lionel Peterson