[geeks] Linux tape backup help

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jan 15 10:04:24 CST 2010

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010, Dr. Robert Pasken 300a wrote:

> Bacula is NOT a solution to much of anything. My brother works with
> Bacula and he fights with it daily. It is overly complex to the level of
> bloatware.  IF and ONLY IF you are working with a large company with
> 10's of thousands of unix work stations, multiple maxed M9000 servers
> and multiple SL3000's tape libraries bacula  would provide a FOSS
> alternative to pay software, but even then I would think 30 times before
> trying bacula

If you're in that situation, you'd want to use Tivoli Storage Manager,
anyway.  It's possibly even less complicated than Bacula, and it works
astonishingly well.  It is, however, IBM-expensive.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Science is what we understand well enough to explain
Elgin, TX         (   to a computer.  Art is everything else we do."