[geeks] Needed: small beater Mini/Micro/Flex-ATX case with power supply

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Fri Jan 15 06:11:45 CST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:39:43AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
>Anybody got a beater Mini/Micro/Flex-ATX case with power supply that
>they'll let go cheap or for cost of shipping?  I need something temporarily
>and don't want to have to go buy a new case if I can avoid it.
>
>(only needs to be able to fit a Mini-ITX motherboard and backplate)

If it's only temporary, fit it in a regular ATX case. As per
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-ITX :

"The four mounting holes in a mini-ITX board line up with four of the
holes in ATX-specification motherboards, and the locations of the
backplate and expansion slot are the same (though one of the holes
used was optional in earlier versions of the ATX spec). Mini-ITX
boards can therefore often be used in cases designed for ATX,
micro-ATX and other ATX variants if desired."

Cheers,
Jonathan