[geeks] kitchen stuff

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Jan 6 23:53:27 CST 2010

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 10:40:50PM -0700, Dan Duncan wrote:

>One word:  Silpat.
>
>It's a silicone mat that you can lay on top of or inside of cooking
>pans and NOTHING sticks to it.  They last for thousands of uses and
>eliminate the need for any kind of non-stick spray, butter, or fat.

Neat.

We've only gotten as far as a small pump bottle that sprays olive oil.

It did not work properly because someone whom I will not admit to being did
not RTFM and overfilled it. Once I got it down to the maximum oil level
it works pretty well.

>They sometimes outgas the first time you use them.  (and never after
                 ^^^^^^

I must be older than you. This brought back memories of 1976. As in
"de car outgas". :-)

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.