[geeks] New SUpermicro Atom MBs

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 09:15:58 CST 2010

Just a heads up, I noticed that SuperMicro now has three more Atom
MBs, and they look pretty interesting (pricing not available, as they
aren't available yyet, as far as I can tell):

X7SPA-L - Intel ICH9 chipset, 4x SATA ports, 1x Intel Gigabit
Ethernet, GMA3150 graphics
X7SPA-H - Intel ICH9R chipset, 6x SATA ports, 2x Intel Gigabit
Ethernet,GMA3150 graphics
X7SPA-HF - Intel ICH9R chipset, 6x SATA ports, 2x Intel Gigabit
Ethernet, Matrox G200eW graphics, IPMI 2.0 with virtual media over LAN
and KVM-over-LAN support

All are Mini-ITX format, accept 4 Gig of single-channel DDR2 RAM (two
SoDIMM slots), have a Type A USB 2.0 socket on the MB and have 1x PCI
Express x4 (in a x16 slot).

The ICH9R "RAID" capabilities are Windows-only, but the chipset is
pretty well regarded:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-intros-3-series-chipsets-fsb1333-ddr3,1607-8.html

You can find the MBs here: http://supermicro.com/products/motherboard/ATOM/

Lionel