[geeks] Netbook/OS X suggestions?

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 11:49:01 CST 2010

Oh, the joy of being on digest :) Since I first wrote, I popped the
keyboard up & jiggled the fan. Combined with tweaking it using a Fan
Control pref panel I found online, I've got it going. 3500 rpm even
after "sudo cancel -a-" in case of the printer issue.

Thanks for the Wind update. I could see sticking to 10.5 as long as
the wireless works. Info tucked away. The 1gb limit is more serious
even if the only photoshop I use these days is Elements.  I did find
this link: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mac-os-x-guides/16676-how-install-osx-mini10.html
so perhaps the Dell Mini-10 is actually a possiblity too.

The Acer would be acceptable if I could stomach Windows. If comes to
that, there is still BSD instead. :)

I've gotten some good ideas. I'll look to see if I can find the parts
online as Nadine suggests. I can't/won't do Ebay since they require
Paypal  now, but perhaps I can track them down a fan from a non-ebay
source. This is a 2ghz CoreDuo Macbook 2.1 - anyone got an extra fan
;) ?

Thanks, all, for your comments & suggestions. I greatly appreciate it.

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.