[geeks] Netbook/OS X suggestions?

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 13:05:49 CST 2010

Happy 2010 all!

Well, the coke spill from a few months back is catching up to my
Macbook. The fan has died  & overheating occurs rather often as a
result. We can't afford a new Mac or even what Apple repair wants
($800!).

OTOH, we _might_ be able to afford a netbook. What is the best
compromise between cost, ability to take the SATA drive from this
machine, & hacking OS X to work on it?  The MSI Wind looked good back
when the spill first happened, but is it still? Is there something
better? Cheaper? Faster :) ? I've got 3 gig in this, if the sticks can
be recycled that would be a plus.

Any tips on this new year's day?

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.