[geeks] Ubuntu on Intel graphics

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Sun Feb 28 17:53:19 CST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 03:55:54PM -0500, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> I'll go looking for the NetBook Respin then.  Hopefully they have a good
> way to make a bootable thumb drive and once installed convert it back to
> a normal desktop.  Actually, what I really want is UbuntuStudio, but
> I'll settle for anything that basically works at this point.

If you'd like to try another distro, I can recommend using UNetbootin[1] to
create the bootable USB stick. It can use any ISO as source and has
prebuilt configurations for most popular distros.

FWIW, I installed Ubuntu 9.10 x64 on an ION-based Acer Aspire Revo Atom
system a week ago without problem. Different video chipset, of course...

[1] http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

-mj
--
 Michael-John Turner